* What music puts you in a good mood?
Is there a song that makes you want to dance?
* Anything from musicals, discos, artistes that inspires you?
What sounds make you tap your feet, whistle, smile?
Beach Boys 'Let's go surfing, WOOF!'
Top performers know that music can motivate:
* England's victorious Cup winning rugby team adopted Kenny Roger's The Gambler as their pre-game inspirational song.
* Cricketer Freddie Flintoff listened to Elton John's Rocket Man before regaining the Ashes in July 2009.
Sports shows often have music highlighting goals & scores – eg Nessum Dorma became the World Cup anthem. Raising your spirits can raise your performance.
In classes we use different music to create different moods:
* Zumba has fun Latin American, Calypso & World Music sexy beats to get you wiggling.
* Aerobics uses lots of rock & pop anthems with strong beats.
* Holistic & Relaxation classes use meditative, gentle, flowing sounds.
* Street Dance appeals to those who like challenging fast moves to intricate beats & choreography.
Be your own DJ & make a compilation of your favourite sounds. Listen to it while out walking or running, or while using the gym.
Put it on, crank up the volume & bop for 10 mins before you shower in the morning to rev up your metabolism.
Suggestions for Fitness Theme Tunes:
Rocky’s Eye of the Tiger theme
Queen’s Fat Bottomed Girls!
Let’s Get Physical – Olivia Neutron Bomb!
I Just Want To Make You Sweat – Snoop Doggy Dog
Others gratefully received
'You Just Keep Me Hanging On!'
Laugh of the day - sky-diving elephants & skateboarding tortoises. REALLY!!!